Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Everyday Italian


So, if you didn't already know, one of my "hobbies" is cooking. When we cancelled our cable several months ago (in an effort to cut some expenses) I almost cried that we lost the Food Network! That channel is where I discovered Giada De Laurentiis, one of my all time favorite "celebrity" chefs. She has brought some of the easiest and most delicious recipes to our table. I own all 3 of her books, 2 of which have been personlized by her. So yes, I have met her twice now. The second time was tonight at the Barnes & Noble in Union Square. Her newest book was just released today (Everyday Pasta) and Matt, Lexi & I schleped down there to meet her and have her sign our book. As we neared the table, Lexi turned to the B&N staff and asked, "Is that Giada?" Giada seems as nice in person as she does on TV. She saw Lexi and said, "Hello, sweetie! Aren't you just a beautiful little girl!" And Lexi just stood there, smiled & nodded. Hope my family is in the mood for lotsa pasta, cuz we're gonna try lotsa recipes!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

What a great experience! My dad loves watching Giada too. I'd love any of your really great recipies!