I wish I could take really artistic & beautiful photos, but I can't. I wish I was a creative writer, but I'm not. Instead, I take my kids all over the city (& sometimes the country, too!) to experience the wonders of life. And then I slap up some point-and-shoot pictures & tell you plainly about it.
Friday, February 02, 2007
Feliz Cumpleanos
My wonderful husband.... today he is 30. Tonight we went out with some friends to an exhibit at the Guggenheim Museum that we have been wanting to see for some time: From El Greco to Picasso, which was a wonderful collection of Spanish paintings... and since we both served missions in Spain (no, we were NOT in the same mission), we have been wanting to visit the museum for sometime. We followed that up with dinner at a yummy burrito place. Matt's not one for a huge group gathering, so, no, I did not plan any big thing to celebrate the end of his third decade.
However, last week, the women of my family were all able to gather at our home. Great-Grandma, Aunt Barbara & Cousin Liz, Nanny Susan, and Aunts Laura & Allie, me, Lexi & baby-girl-in-utero...... and Matt. It is my personal opinion that since he grew up with 8 brothers he is now getting a dose of life with women (albeit, a very LARGE dose!). The ladies picked up some pizza and a cake on their way to our apartment, and so we were able to have a little birthday celebration for him. He (and I!) was pleasantly surprised by the thoughtful gesture.
Happy Birthday Lovey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm so glad you guys found each other in Spain...
Happy Birthday Matt, congrats on being old, I'll join you pretty soon here. You guys need to come up again, there's a museum I'm dying to take you to.
Yeah, I found your blog again. The link from Julia's where I originally found it doesn't work. Anyway, I'm going to link you now.
And Happy Birthday Matt!
Post a Comment