We made it back to New York with no major issues. It has taken me a few days to unpack and resettle into the idea that we have no car and have to schlep our groceries home in a *granny cart*. But we are happy to be home- although we much prefer to sleep in the waveless waterbed at Matt's parent's home as opposed to our bed, which is slowly turning into a *taco bed*. (We finally "rotated" the mattress the other day and I am sleeping much better now).
Unfortunately, during our trip we ran out of memory card on our digital camera, so we downloaded all our pictures to the computer at Matt's parent's home. I guess when I burned the photos to a CD to take home with us, I somehow missed all the pictures from our last week there. So for now, you can see the majority of photos here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/kendracope/CaliforniaAug2006