After our little Cathedral Kids class, we wandered over to a sculpture/garden area next to the church to eat some lunch. While we were there, a white peacock jumped over the hedge and walked right up to us. He was so close I began to get a little nervous, so I broke up some crackers and threw them a few feet away from us. He went right after them and when he was finished, we heard a rattling noise and looked over and saw that he had opened up his feathers!! He did several turns for us and pranced back in forth in front of us for a good 7 minutes! Unbelieveable!! At one point he was so close that his feathers brushed against Lexi's shoe and my knees. When she tells the story she says "Peacock. Shoe. Mommy's knee." It was one of the most amazing sights I have ever seen. I love this photo because you can see the peacock in all its glory with some typical Manhattan buildings in the background. Click here for more peacock pictures.